errors during installation and running of WebLogic on Ubuntu
1. When running ./configure.sh, you may get the following error:
./configure.sh: 19: [[: not found
./configure.sh: 19: -d: not found
ERROR: You must set MW_HOME and it must point to a directory where an installation of WebLogic exists.
Ensure you point this variable to the extract location of the zip distribution.
Open the configure.sh file, change the first line from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash.
2. When starting the Weblogic server, you may get the following error:
The JRE was not found in directory /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk. (JAVA_HOME)
Please edit your environment and set the JAVA_HOME
variable to point to the root directory of your Java installation
- Open the file [path_to_your_domain]/bin/setDomainEnv.sh.
- Edit line 87 to: JAVA_HOME=”/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre”
- Save. Close it. And run it: ./setDomainEnv.sh
- Now, rerun the ./startWebLogic.sh